Un Lee-McDaniel, DDS
Dr. Lee-McDaniel has been in the medical and dental fields all her life. Her father was a medical doctor, and her mother was a dentist. Her mother’s work always fascinated Dr. Lee-McDaniel. She followed in her mother’s footsteps and decided to become a dentist. Dr. Lee-McDaniel graduated from Loma Linda University in 1996, then opened up her own office here in Palm Springs shortly after graduating. Although Dr. Lee-McDaniel loves cosmetic dentistry, she has expanded practice by continuing education by attending Temple University and the Misch International Implant Institute in Michigan, and she attends Progressive Orthodontics in California. In order to provide the best dental care for her patients, she constantly is continuing her education to keep abreast with the latest and most current technology available in dentistry.
Dr. Lee-McDaniel is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association® (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Tri-County Dental Society
- Past Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
Dr. Lee-McDaniel has received many awards and completed numerous certifications as part of her continuing education and training, including:
- Fellowship in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, 2007
- America’s Top Dentists award, 2010
- Top Dentist, Palm Springs Life magazine, 2012
- America’s Top Dentists award, 2015
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry certification
- Dental Coding Workshops through the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services Division
- Esthetic Professionals Dental Education Center Implant Residency, 2002-2003
- Hartzell & Son Award for Excellence in Clinical Periodontics, 1996
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists certification
- Misch International Implant Institute certification
- Progressive Orthodontic Seminars certification
- Spore Check System Certificate of Sterilizer Testing
Although Dr. Lee-McDaniel is very busy at the office, during her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and taking her daughter to school activities.
Joseph Godinez, DDS
After 27 years in private practice, I feel, as a doctor, it is important for one to connect with their patients and to understand their dental needs and concerns along with developing a relationship of honesty and trust.
I want to focus more on patient care and deal less with the business aspect of dentistry. Therefore, I decided to close my office and merge my practice with The Smile Zone and Dr. Lee-McDaniel. We share the same philosophy and strive to provide the best patient care possible.
Aside from dentistry, I have a passion for animals and for the outdoors; I can often be found hiking or biking the trails around the Coachella Valley and enjoying the beauty of the desert that surrounds us.
I have been awarded the following degree and certifications, as well as the following recognition:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, 1993
- Board certified by the State of California, 1993
- American Dental Association® Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations certification, 1993
- Top Dentist, Palm Springs Life magazine, 2007
I also am or have been a member in the following organizations: